I still had a fair amount of material for the Erosion Bundle
project to continue working but the mix of materials seemed
pretty disparate to me and I was kind of stuck.
This morning before the sun was up I was awake
and contemplating all the projects in the studio I
wanted to work on in the next few weeks. I was visualizing
the erosion bundle parts and pieces and it became
so clear that what I needed to do was cut everything up.
I love it when the work talks back!
So I did and am now making a prayer flag for the garden
that can further erode all through the rest of this year and
into the next. Here is a sneak peak of the work in progress.
I have ripped some of the muslin
and stitched it roughly together.
Then stitched my cut up elements to
the muslin. I decided to add some paint
and twist the muslin and paint it too.
Further embellishments with the rest of
my erosion bundle pieces will follow
and when it is all done I will reveal it
more fully. Here is a peak at one of the
“flags” with a little paint.
This particular flag was muslin
collaged to itself painted with gesso
and some coffee staining too.
I am thinking prayers to the compost gods…